EDIT MAIN
Plus_blue

Welcome Page

Barneveld School District

304 South Jones St
Barneveld, WI 53507
Phone: (608) 924-4711
Fax: (608) 924-1646


Mission Statement

It is the intent of the Barneveld School Board to empower each student with the attitudes, knowledge, and skills for becoming a life-long learner by providing an environment that values curiosity, challenge, cooperation, respect, and creative and critical thinking.
Barneveld School District serves approximately 455 students in the village of Barneveld and township of Brigham. We have a strong tradition of excellence in academics, co-curricular, and extra-curricular activities.

History

Originally the Barneveld School District was known as the Joint District Fifteen.
The first school built in the village was in 1882. A large two-man bell was added in 1883.
In 1900 a four room, the two-story brick building was built. This was used as a grade school and later a high school.  In 1954 the first addition was built, 1972 second addition was built and in 1994 the third addition was built.  Finally, an upgraded Science wing was completed in 2012. We continue to be dedicated to the needs of both our students from 4-year-old Kindergarten through completion of High School. We believe the district is a primary component and connector of our community as well as an extension of it.